When selecting RPs (Responding Parties) for your alarm account carefully consider this responsibility and only select people who can perform the following duties:
(1) Meet the police, fire department or any other authority at the premises when necessary.
(2) Have a key to gain access to the premises and a user code to disarm the system.
(3) Are trained to use the system and are comfortable in its operation.
(4) By choosing from the options below, you may designate individual RPs to cancel a dispatch if they feel that the alarm was activated in error.
Canceling a dispatch may put people or property at risk and is not recommended unless the RP is completely certain that there is no danger at the premises.
The RPs that you specifically designate as “Authorized,” by choosing from the options below, will also need to confirm their identity by providing the assigned alarm code when making the following requests:
- Add and delete user.
- Make changes to the RP list.
- Request service or changes to the system, which may result in a billable service call.
In the event of an alarm the contact order is as follows:
(1) Dispatch the responding authority.
(2) Call the premises
(3) Then call the RP’s in the order listed below until one is reached or until all of the numbers listed are attempted in order to resolve the dispatch.
For alarm systems located within the city limits of Medford: The City of Medford alarm ordinance requires that alarm companies must contact the premises landline phone number prior to dispatch in order to confirm the emergency with the exception of Holdup, Panic, Duress and Fire Alarm Signals, which are dispatched immediately.
- If SOS Alarm receives an alarm signal followed immediately by the RP disarming the system, this will send a cancel report. If there is a landline available we will attempt to verify a cause by contacting that number first. If no landline is listed SOS will attempt to verify the cause by contacting RP1.
- The PRIMARY DECISION MAKER is the Homeowner, Renter, Caretaker, Business Owner, or Manager.